Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Do you know what the word FAMILY means?

F A M I L Y

I ran into a stranger as he passed by,

'Oh excuse me please' was my reply .



He said, 'Please excuse me too;

I wasn't watching for you . '



We were very polite, this stranger and I .
-->
We went on our way and we said goodbye .


But at home a different story is told,

How we treat our loved ones, young and old .



Later that day, cooking the evening meal,

My son stood beside me very still .



When I turned, I nearly knocked him down .

'Move out of the way,' I said with a frown .

-->

He walked away, his little heart broken .

I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken .



While I lay awake in bed,

God's still small voice came to me and said,



'While dealing with a stranger,
common courtesy you use,
but the family you love, you seem to abuse .



Go and look on the kitchen floor,
-->
You'll find some flowers there by the door .


Those are the flowers he brought for you .

He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue .



He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise,

you never saw the tears that filled his little eyes . '



By this time, I felt very small,

And now my tears began to fall .
-->


I quietly went and knelt by his bed;

'Wake up, little one, wake up,' I said .



'Are these the flowers you picked for me?'

He smiled, 'I found 'em, out by the tree .



I picked 'em because they're pretty like you .

I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue . '



I said, 'Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today;
-->
I shouldn't have yelled at you that way . '

He said, 'Oh, Mom, that's okay ..

I love you anyway . '



I said, 'Son, I love you too,

and I do like the flowers, especially the blue . '



FAMILY

Are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the company
-->
that we are working for could easily replace us in

a matter of days .

But the family we left behind will feel the loss

for the rest of their lives .



And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more

into work than into our own family,
an unwise investment indeed,

don't you think?
-->
So what is behind the story?



Do you know what the word FAMILY means?

FAMILY = (F)ATHER (A)ND (M)OTHER (I) (L)OVE (Y)OU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...