pass on to someone
♥ Everyone needs a hug. A hug does so many things. It brings joy and comfort for those who get them.
♥ Sometimes it's better to put love into hugs than to put it into words
♥ The best kind of hugs are the ones that make you forget about everything except how amazing you feel at that very moment.
♥ Love isn’t all about flirting, hugs, kisses. Love is about having the ability to take all those things away and still having feelings for that person.
♥ Physical touch makes you healthier. Hugs, massages, and holding hands reduces stress while boosting your immune system.
♥ We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth." ~ Virginia Satir
♥ Hugs always makes us feel better. My favorite place is inside your hug.
10 Reasons Why We Need Hugs On A Daily basis. Research shows a proper deep hug, where the hearts are pressing together, can benefit you in these ways :
1. The nurturing touch of a hug builds trust and a sense of safety. This helps with open and honest communication.
2. Hugs can instantly boost oxytocin levels, which heal feelings of loneliness, isolation, and anger.
3. Holding a hug for an extended time lifts one's serotonin levels, elevating mood and creating happiness.
4. Hugs strengthen the immune system. It stimulates the thymus gland, which regulates and balances the body's production of white blood cells, which keep you healthy and disease free.
5. Hugging boosts self-esteem. From the time we're born our family's touch shows us that we're loved and special.
6. Hugging relaxes muscles. Hugs release tension in the body. Hugs can take away pain; they soothe aches by increasing circulation into the soft tissues.
7. Hugs balance out the nervous system.
8. Hugs teach us how to give and receive. There is equal value in receiving and being receptive to warmth, as to giving and sharing. Hugs educate us how love flows both ways.
9. Hugs are so much like meditation and laughter. They teach us to let go and be present in the moment. They encourage us to flow with the energy of life. Hugs get you out of your circular thinking patterns and connect you with your heart and your feelings and your breath.
10. The energy exchange between the people hugging is an investment in the relationship. It encourages empathy and understanding.